Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The One That Got Away

       A few months ago Asos Curve had this amazingly romantic 60's prom dress. I instantly fell in love. At the time I could not spend nearly $300 bucks on a single dress. I began to cyber stalk the cite on a regular basis just to be sure that the dress was still available, in case my financial situation improved. Eventually the dress went on sale and I contemplated buying it for an entire day. The next day I went to make my purchase and to my dismay, it was SOLD OUT!!! As a performing vocalist, this would have been an ideal dress for late summer/ fall engagements. I envisioned it with a sweet nude cropped swing cardigan, chocolate tights, and chocolate suede pumps.

      Because of the impeccable 60's fashion in Eve's Bayou it ranks as one of my most favorite movies. Not having watched it in a while, my best friend and I concluded our girls day out by viewing this  motion picture. When the character Roz Batiste, played by Lynn Whitfield appeared on screen wearing a very similar look, I literally screamed "My dress, my dress!!!" Of course this sighting only made me want that dress all the more.




ASOS CURVE SALON Gem Floral Prom Dress


Kasi Lemmons' Eve's Bayou (1997) Costume Designer: Karyn Wagner

No comments:

Post a Comment